Combi Lift Training
Combi Lift trucks are specialised to perform some of the duties of both reach and sideloader trucks. These forklifts can operate in a similar manner to the reach trucks yet are capable of travelling sideways as well as in the normal direction providing a cost-effective solution to many forklift requirements in one vehicle.
- Carry out a pre-start inspection
- Load and unload vehicles
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice
- Introduction to machine
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Forklift truck stability
- Components and main truck types
- Refuelling procedures
- Operating in restricted areas
- Operating with 4-way steer
- Corner post pallets
- Correct use of stabilisers (if fitted)
- Battery checks
- Emergency controls
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Safe use of hydraulics
- Working within racking
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course.
On successful completion of your course you will receive an official certificate of competence. You can also request a Photo ID Card at an additional cost.