Vehicle Mounted Forklift Training
This equipment can take the form of vehicle mounted material handling machines such as a Moffett Mounty.
Normally used in the distribution, agriculture & construction industry, these machines are mounted on their rear of heavy goods vehicles & require specialist training due to the loading/unloading of the vehicle as well as the securing of the vehicle.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling for diesel vehicles
- Pre-use checks of equipment
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls
- Manoeuvring in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels in open and confined areas
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Mounting & un-mounting of vehicle
- Safe use of attachments (if applicable)
- Lorry Loading and unloading
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course.
On successful completion of your course you will receive an official certificate of competence. You can also request a Photo ID Card at an additional cost.