Powered Pallet Mover Training
Powered pallet movers, or powered pallet trucks, are either a pedestrian controlled or ride-on machine. Mainly used in the warehouse environment on loading docks, these machines move palleted loads up to 2500kg on & off of vehicles.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Battery maintenance & re-charging Electric pallet movers
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the pallet mover
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the pallet mover
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course.
On successful completion of your course you will receive an official certificate of competence. You can also request a Photo ID Card at an additional cost.